My pondering thoughts...

Wednesday, October 23, 2002

If you can't do it right, then don't do it at all...

Here's an issue that has been on my mind. Well, one of many issues on my mind - but whatever. The other day, someone bought me flowers. Now, I am ALWAYS the "it's the thought that counts" mentality - except this time. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting a floral masterpiece, but something that showed some thought and feeling went into the arrangement. Instead, I got something that looked like it was picked from the backyard and put into a vase... (I may be exaggerating a wee bit, but not by much)

I don't think you need to spend a fortune to buy flowers, I bought my sister 3 dozen carnations for her birthday - a beautiful arrangement of pinks, whites, and combination pink white, for under $10. The point being that they didn't look like a $10 arrangement. Understand?

Ok, back to my story... So, I'm given these flowers due to the fact that the someone who gave them to me royally screwed up. Which brought me to my next gripe... Not only were they sucky flowers, but did he really think they would win me over? It makes me wonder what the hell was running through his mind to even show up with them. If you mess up and are trying to score "brownie points" then you should attempt to go above and beyond - right?

UGH! :-)

"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home