My pondering thoughts...

Monday, May 09, 2005

Do you ever feel like all you're doing is rushing all around? I swear this weekend came and went so quickly and I feel like all I did was drive around... Weekend recap since no one heard from me this weekend:

Mr. Manhattan flew in on Thurs. I picked him up at the airport as planned and went to dinner at Outback afterward. Dropped him off and was home by 12 or so. Not bad seeing as I had gym/work in the morning.

Friday - He picked me up around 7 and we headed to Ft. Lauderdale to watch the play I previously posted about, Nefertiti. I learned that "classic plays" are not my thing and I much prefer previous shows such as "Stomp" and "Lord of the Dance" Although there was one scene in the play where all went dark and when the lights came back on - there was a naked man on stage with his balls completely exposed to the audience. Now... I have seen balls before - no biggie. But the look that the wife gave her husband when she realized her three young daughters were glaring at this man's balls was priceless! A Mastercard moment waiting to happen... After the show, we headed to Lauderdale beach as we had reservations at one of the hotels on the beach... Went to dinner at Pastabilities - my diet went right out the window. All in all, a decent night. It was weird - I didn't enjoy the play as much as I thought I would and I was totally exhausted by the time we arrived at the hotel. I hate when that happens because I was so looking forward to spending time with him and instead - I basically passed out the second I hit the bed.

Saturday - Left the hotel and had lunch at Hops. Their food sucks, but croissant rolls kick ass! Headed to Boynton mall to get mother's day gift and I picked up something for his nephew. Continued to his parents house where I hung out for a hour or so... Left and met up with him and some of his friends at CityPlace. Discussed his friends/my plans for going to NY for Memorial Day. Went to Clematis after dinner. I was shocked at how dead it was! Went to Bradley's for a bit - nothing too exciting.. Headed home.

Sunday - Slept in until almost 1. (didn't get home until 5 am) Rushed to the airport to see him off. Lounged around the house. Looked into Salsa lessons... Have to call tomorrow.

That's it. Fun, eh? I am actually quite disappoined it is all over... I feel like the weekend sucked... I hate sucky feeling weekends...

PS I accepted the job in Delray Friday. I should be starting within the next few weeks. I know I tossed this around for almost a month, but finally decided an extra $15-$20k a year is worth the move. Wish me luck!!!!