"Patience. A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue." - Ambrose Bierce
It's Sunday night and I can't sleep. I am extremely upset the weekend is already over and only hope this week goes back as quick as the last. I've been pretty busy over the past few days and haven't had much time to speak to anyone - so I will provide a brief recap of my weekend...
Friday night - Went out with Bob* again... Met for dinner at 9, stayed out until 3 am. I thought the evening went great! He invited me out again for Saturday night, but I explained that I had previous arrangements, but to give me a call and I'd like to see him again soon. As of tonight, I have yet to have heard from him...
This makes me wonder many things. unfortunately, I cannot sit patiently and although it's only been two days - I'll honestly admit that it bothers me he has not called. Moving forward...
Saturday am - Met Bill* at Starbucks... Yes, I am the officially the Internet whore. Ironically, it went very well. Although I didn't feel quite the connection I did with Bob*, we clicked pretty well and I have been invited to a second dinner date Monday night. Additionally, we've spoken once or twice since then, along with a few e-mail exchanges. All is looking well...
Saturday pm - Met the Brit in Delray... Funny how you really don't know what to expect until you meet someone. Here was a man I had spoken to on a daily basis, both via IM's and phone. Someone who continually made me laugh and I felt extremely comfortable with... We met - and I had a terrible time. I couldn't wait to go home... It was a very odd experience, one much too complex to detail here.
Sunday am - Cleaned up a bit, laundry, etc. I haven't been home much with my newly found social life, so I had quite a few things to do around here. Plus, I finally got to sleep in and napped a bit. It felt like I hadn't slept in days.
Sunday noon-pm : Met up with a Babs... Went to Bradley's for lunch, listened to the live music in West Palm, drove around Palm Beach and ended up back at the apartment... Really had an excellent time...
And here I sit... 1:00 AM and I am not tired. I feel anxious. I don't know if it's because I am a bit upset over the Bob* incident and what happened with him at the beach... I don't know if I am nervous about dinner tomorrow... Or perhaps I'm just not tired because I napped.
I am having mixed emotions over the online thing. After my first (and confirmed after my second) I was ready to discontinue talking to the few other people I met online. I truly felt something with Bob* and did not feel right continuing to go out... Then, a few friends talked some sense into me - explaining that until we both have the "exclusive" conversation, there is nothing wrong with what I am doing... And although I am hardly in love after only two dates, I have never found myself in a situation where I am dating multiple people at once.
Share your thoughts...
Me :)
It's Sunday night and I can't sleep. I am extremely upset the weekend is already over and only hope this week goes back as quick as the last. I've been pretty busy over the past few days and haven't had much time to speak to anyone - so I will provide a brief recap of my weekend...
Friday night - Went out with Bob* again... Met for dinner at 9, stayed out until 3 am. I thought the evening went great! He invited me out again for Saturday night, but I explained that I had previous arrangements, but to give me a call and I'd like to see him again soon. As of tonight, I have yet to have heard from him...
This makes me wonder many things. unfortunately, I cannot sit patiently and although it's only been two days - I'll honestly admit that it bothers me he has not called. Moving forward...
Saturday am - Met Bill* at Starbucks... Yes, I am the officially the Internet whore. Ironically, it went very well. Although I didn't feel quite the connection I did with Bob*, we clicked pretty well and I have been invited to a second dinner date Monday night. Additionally, we've spoken once or twice since then, along with a few e-mail exchanges. All is looking well...
Saturday pm - Met the Brit in Delray... Funny how you really don't know what to expect until you meet someone. Here was a man I had spoken to on a daily basis, both via IM's and phone. Someone who continually made me laugh and I felt extremely comfortable with... We met - and I had a terrible time. I couldn't wait to go home... It was a very odd experience, one much too complex to detail here.
Sunday am - Cleaned up a bit, laundry, etc. I haven't been home much with my newly found social life, so I had quite a few things to do around here. Plus, I finally got to sleep in and napped a bit. It felt like I hadn't slept in days.
Sunday noon-pm : Met up with a Babs... Went to Bradley's for lunch, listened to the live music in West Palm, drove around Palm Beach and ended up back at the apartment... Really had an excellent time...
And here I sit... 1:00 AM and I am not tired. I feel anxious. I don't know if it's because I am a bit upset over the Bob* incident and what happened with him at the beach... I don't know if I am nervous about dinner tomorrow... Or perhaps I'm just not tired because I napped.
I am having mixed emotions over the online thing. After my first (and confirmed after my second) I was ready to discontinue talking to the few other people I met online. I truly felt something with Bob* and did not feel right continuing to go out... Then, a few friends talked some sense into me - explaining that until we both have the "exclusive" conversation, there is nothing wrong with what I am doing... And although I am hardly in love after only two dates, I have never found myself in a situation where I am dating multiple people at once.
Share your thoughts...
Me :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home