My pondering thoughts...

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Another weekend gone... Heading into the second week of June already and the weather has been anything but pleasant! I have anxiously been awaiting the hot summer sun and days of weekend tanning at the beach. Instead, I've gotten nothing but nonstop showers and the sticky humidity FL is known all to well for. The weather sucks - especially in the mornings when it's pouring so loud outside and you have to get up and drive to work on roads where you can barely see the cars in front.

I've finally started working in the Delray Beach office, although I haven't actually started the new position yet. If all goes as planned, I'm due to start my new role next week. I'm pretty nervous seeing as it's something I've never done before and I will now be the least experienced person in the office. I suppose my ego is somewhat shot too - I am quite confident I was one of the better employees in my last department (efficient and knowledge wise) and now I'm going to be surrounded by a group of people, of which the least tenured is 15 yrs in the business. Not to mention my main language for both speaking and writing will become Spanish. I'm a bit skeptical and hope I didn't make a bad choice in accepting this new position. Everyone kept advising me that I am young and should welcome the challenge... However, the closer I get to starting - the more doubts I am having.

This weekend was rather uneventful. Went to the office for a few hours Saturday and otherwise did nothing at all. I need to start working out again. Truth is in retrospect, I really did have more energy and drive to do things. This weekend I just wanted to lounge in bed. It was nice not having anything to do... No one flying into town, no trips to NY, no plans, no meetings, no agenda. Just me - relaxing!

Mr. Manhattan is flying into town this weekend. The long distance thing is starting to get to me. What's worse is when I tell someone I'm in a long distance relationship, I get the consistent "oh wow.. I wouldn't even waste my time. They're so difficult and rarely amount to anything." That's great - just what I need/want to hear! Any thoughts out there on long distance?!?! I don't know what to do. We've been dating now for 6 months and I really do care for him. I don't want to lose him or break-up... But the distance is frustrating! When I share this with him, he tells me if I really care I'll make the "short term" sacrifice. He continually tells me he'll suffer with the distance in order to keep me as he knows it's only temporary. I, on the other hand, feel a roller coaster of emotions. Days when I couldn't agree more and other days where I can't help but wonder what we're doing...

Well, it's almost 11:30 and I am exhausted - probably from oversleeping... Going to attempt to get to bed now in preparation for tomorrow. Since I now have a grand 20 minute drive to work - waking up at 8:20 is no longer an option. Gotta be up by 7:15 at the latest... Another thing I gave up for this position - my 5 minute commute to work!!!

Good night to all!