"Opportunity always involves risk. You can't steal second base with your foot still on first."
I hate Mondays. I think they suck. I don't mind Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays... but Mondays - ugh! Anyways, seeing as I didn't get to bed until almost 5 am last night - I obviously slept in this afternoon. I believe I woke up around 12:30, which isn't too bad if you ask me. Here I am, once again almost 2am and I'm not tired. I swear I should work a night shift somewhere and at least get paid for being awake. Hmmm... I could totally do security or something not involving much labor. I don't actually want to work... LoL
Ok... Enough rambling. Sorry, a bit bored this evening. What did I do all day you wonder? Well, shortly after rising - I decided I would get a head start on making Mr. Manhattan's Easter basket. He is flying into town Thursday evening and I really won't have time to do during the week, so I thought today would be as good a day as any.
Went to Publix first since they have the British section with all the candies he insists on eating... because "Americans just don't do chocolate like the British." I beg to differ, but then again - I am not British and don't have a loyalty to that country. Picked up some "crunchie bars and flakes." Then I went to Borders where I purchased the ever so adorable "I Love You This Much" book. It's great and totally ties into Easter since the main characters are two rabbits. I am so creative it kills me... ;) I also hoped to buy the Keith Urban single there, but no luck. I thought it'd be cute to add to the basket but ended up having to make it at home instead. I didn't want to buy the entire cd, just the one song... Does anyone even do singles anymore!?
After Borders, I decided to treat my little sister to Carvel. Actually, I really wanted to go and didn't feel like going alone... From Carvel, we went to Target where I purchased the cutest blue wicker basket (bargain of 7.99) and assorted candies (Dove truffle eggs, Dove Easter Bunny, etc) Yes... Dove happens to be one of the few "American" chocolates the Brit will eat.
If you're still reading this.. I'm impressed. I'm boring myself recapping my day. lol
Ok... After Target, I went to Best Buy in a final attempt to find the single. No luck, but I did find an awesome MP3 player. I would've bought it, but it was out of stock. Probably a sign from up above that I shouldn't be wasting my money on such stupid things. As most of you know, I have really been desiring the IPOD but after many reviews, realized it's (a) overpriced (b) not worth it (c) terrible battery issues (d) and so on... Anyways, I found this Samsung 5gb player (YH 820MS) with color screen and all! It's going to run about $230 but it totally seems worth it. Not only does it store music, etc. but it also holds photos... The ONLY downside I've seen so far is that I don't believe it comes with a FM tuner. The 1gb model does... Go figure. I almost purchased the 1gb model for $200, but decided the extra 4gb was worth the $30. Any thoughts on this... PLEASE let me know. I don't know if I am wasting my money or it's actually a good product. I've read and read, but like anything - all mixed reviews.
After Best Buy, I stopped at McDonalds because I was super thirsty. Got a sprite and headed home.
Didn't do much else really. Stopped at Ichiban tonight for my favorite beef tataki and summer spring rolls. And ladies and gentleman - that was how I spent my Sunday.... Hold the applause... ;)
Well... I have to actually be to work on time tomorrow. I promised Mr. Manhattan I'd do the wake up call routine since I have to get up by like 7 anyway. God I hate mornings... Monday mornings no less...
Sweet Dreams to all and to all a good night!
Me ;)
I hate Mondays. I think they suck. I don't mind Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays... but Mondays - ugh! Anyways, seeing as I didn't get to bed until almost 5 am last night - I obviously slept in this afternoon. I believe I woke up around 12:30, which isn't too bad if you ask me. Here I am, once again almost 2am and I'm not tired. I swear I should work a night shift somewhere and at least get paid for being awake. Hmmm... I could totally do security or something not involving much labor. I don't actually want to work... LoL
Ok... Enough rambling. Sorry, a bit bored this evening. What did I do all day you wonder? Well, shortly after rising - I decided I would get a head start on making Mr. Manhattan's Easter basket. He is flying into town Thursday evening and I really won't have time to do during the week, so I thought today would be as good a day as any.
Went to Publix first since they have the British section with all the candies he insists on eating... because "Americans just don't do chocolate like the British." I beg to differ, but then again - I am not British and don't have a loyalty to that country. Picked up some "crunchie bars and flakes." Then I went to Borders where I purchased the ever so adorable "I Love You This Much" book. It's great and totally ties into Easter since the main characters are two rabbits. I am so creative it kills me... ;) I also hoped to buy the Keith Urban single there, but no luck. I thought it'd be cute to add to the basket but ended up having to make it at home instead. I didn't want to buy the entire cd, just the one song... Does anyone even do singles anymore!?
After Borders, I decided to treat my little sister to Carvel. Actually, I really wanted to go and didn't feel like going alone... From Carvel, we went to Target where I purchased the cutest blue wicker basket (bargain of 7.99) and assorted candies (Dove truffle eggs, Dove Easter Bunny, etc) Yes... Dove happens to be one of the few "American" chocolates the Brit will eat.
If you're still reading this.. I'm impressed. I'm boring myself recapping my day. lol
Ok... After Target, I went to Best Buy in a final attempt to find the single. No luck, but I did find an awesome MP3 player. I would've bought it, but it was out of stock. Probably a sign from up above that I shouldn't be wasting my money on such stupid things. As most of you know, I have really been desiring the IPOD but after many reviews, realized it's (a) overpriced (b) not worth it (c) terrible battery issues (d) and so on... Anyways, I found this Samsung 5gb player (YH 820MS) with color screen and all! It's going to run about $230 but it totally seems worth it. Not only does it store music, etc. but it also holds photos... The ONLY downside I've seen so far is that I don't believe it comes with a FM tuner. The 1gb model does... Go figure. I almost purchased the 1gb model for $200, but decided the extra 4gb was worth the $30. Any thoughts on this... PLEASE let me know. I don't know if I am wasting my money or it's actually a good product. I've read and read, but like anything - all mixed reviews.
After Best Buy, I stopped at McDonalds because I was super thirsty. Got a sprite and headed home.
Didn't do much else really. Stopped at Ichiban tonight for my favorite beef tataki and summer spring rolls. And ladies and gentleman - that was how I spent my Sunday.... Hold the applause... ;)
Well... I have to actually be to work on time tomorrow. I promised Mr. Manhattan I'd do the wake up call routine since I have to get up by like 7 anyway. God I hate mornings... Monday mornings no less...
Sweet Dreams to all and to all a good night!
Me ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home