What an amazing two weeks...
Mr. Manhattan's vacation to FL has come and gone. Hard to believe that this time, so anticipated, is over and done. Although it felt like a long time coming, it was absolutely amazing!
The wedding in Jacksonville was average. I wasn't thrilled to be going in the first place (since I didn't know anyone except Mr. M) but we had a beautiful room right on Jacksonville Beach where we spent most of the weekend sunbathing and relaxing!
The reception was not the "party" everyone had in mind. The bride and groom opted for a live jazz band the entire evening. So - needless to say, the night was quite boring. The only couple that danced all night were the Mr. and Mrs. and that was only because "their song" was played. Now I remember why I hate weddings.
Orlando was great, I went to Animal Kingdom and can't believe the amount of money Disney must've dished out in making that park. The resort (Grand Vista) was amazing. Hot tub in the room, amazing private balcony views, super comfy bed... Awesome place. Visited Cafe Tu Tu Tango.. Haven't been there since I was in Miami (I think I was like 17) Had the best steak I've had yet... Although I can't recall the name of the place. Something Chophouse.. Like that helps... LoL
I fell in love with St. Augustine. Very cute city, though we only spent a day there. The beach was a bit windy, but wonderful. Very cute shops and places to dine. People were incredibly friendly. I want to go back and spend a weekend there - I was that impressed!
My week off in my neck of the woods was great too. I surprised Mr. M with a hot air balloon ride today for his birthday. Had to be one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. Incredible!
Last night, I threw a surprise party for some close friends and family at Waterway Cafe. Turned out to be really dead when I got there, but it was too late to change venues. Regardless, everyone had a great time - lots of laughing.
And now tomorrow is back to work. I really don't want to go. I know, I know... No one wants to go back after a vacation, but I REALLY do not want to go. I didn't realize how much I hated this new position until this past week. I regret making the move I did terribly. The money didn't turn out to be as great as I was hoping. It sucks... Going to work everyday and absolutely disliking (I am being kind) the job and people you work with. It's a terrible feeling. When I accepted the job, I said I'd allow myself 6 mnths to get acclimated. Well, it's going on 6 mnths in Nov and has gotten no better. So... I have no clue what to do. We get our bonuses at the end of Jan. I am trying my best to stick it out until then since the bonus is based on the prior years job performance, etc. I'd hate to leave three months before.
Well... I suppose I should be getting to bed. Woke up wayyy to early today (5:00AM) to ride the balloon and after only sleeping for a little over three hours, I'm near passing out as I type.
More to come!
Mr. Manhattan's vacation to FL has come and gone. Hard to believe that this time, so anticipated, is over and done. Although it felt like a long time coming, it was absolutely amazing!
The wedding in Jacksonville was average. I wasn't thrilled to be going in the first place (since I didn't know anyone except Mr. M) but we had a beautiful room right on Jacksonville Beach where we spent most of the weekend sunbathing and relaxing!
The reception was not the "party" everyone had in mind. The bride and groom opted for a live jazz band the entire evening. So - needless to say, the night was quite boring. The only couple that danced all night were the Mr. and Mrs. and that was only because "their song" was played. Now I remember why I hate weddings.
Orlando was great, I went to Animal Kingdom and can't believe the amount of money Disney must've dished out in making that park. The resort (Grand Vista) was amazing. Hot tub in the room, amazing private balcony views, super comfy bed... Awesome place. Visited Cafe Tu Tu Tango.. Haven't been there since I was in Miami (I think I was like 17) Had the best steak I've had yet... Although I can't recall the name of the place. Something Chophouse.. Like that helps... LoL
I fell in love with St. Augustine. Very cute city, though we only spent a day there. The beach was a bit windy, but wonderful. Very cute shops and places to dine. People were incredibly friendly. I want to go back and spend a weekend there - I was that impressed!
My week off in my neck of the woods was great too. I surprised Mr. M with a hot air balloon ride today for his birthday. Had to be one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. Incredible!
Last night, I threw a surprise party for some close friends and family at Waterway Cafe. Turned out to be really dead when I got there, but it was too late to change venues. Regardless, everyone had a great time - lots of laughing.
And now tomorrow is back to work. I really don't want to go. I know, I know... No one wants to go back after a vacation, but I REALLY do not want to go. I didn't realize how much I hated this new position until this past week. I regret making the move I did terribly. The money didn't turn out to be as great as I was hoping. It sucks... Going to work everyday and absolutely disliking (I am being kind) the job and people you work with. It's a terrible feeling. When I accepted the job, I said I'd allow myself 6 mnths to get acclimated. Well, it's going on 6 mnths in Nov and has gotten no better. So... I have no clue what to do. We get our bonuses at the end of Jan. I am trying my best to stick it out until then since the bonus is based on the prior years job performance, etc. I'd hate to leave three months before.
Well... I suppose I should be getting to bed. Woke up wayyy to early today (5:00AM) to ride the balloon and after only sleeping for a little over three hours, I'm near passing out as I type.
More to come!
