I never realized how much I value ELECTRICITY!!!! Thankfully, power was restored yesterday afternoon. 4 days without power was terrible and I can't imagine how others lasted 2-3 weeks last hurricane. My thoughts and prayers are to all those who are not as fortunate.
I must say that I've never seen Boca Raton hit so hard. I suppose we've been fortunate because as I relay stories to friends in other parts of the state - I pretty much get the same reaction "where were you last year." I will also admit that as much as I may complain about the company I work for - they have been beyond amazing throughout this. Providing their employees with such scarce items as gasoline, propane, ice, generators, etc. I am in awe at how well organized and giving they have been.
So all is back to normal on my end... Everything is fully functional, no major damage to house or car, even my cell phone is working on an almost regular basis. And last night I took the longest HOT shower ever! All in all - on a personal note, things are pretty good.
Hope everyone is safe. I'm sure we'll all be in touch soon enough!
I must say that I've never seen Boca Raton hit so hard. I suppose we've been fortunate because as I relay stories to friends in other parts of the state - I pretty much get the same reaction "where were you last year." I will also admit that as much as I may complain about the company I work for - they have been beyond amazing throughout this. Providing their employees with such scarce items as gasoline, propane, ice, generators, etc. I am in awe at how well organized and giving they have been.
So all is back to normal on my end... Everything is fully functional, no major damage to house or car, even my cell phone is working on an almost regular basis. And last night I took the longest HOT shower ever! All in all - on a personal note, things are pretty good.
Hope everyone is safe. I'm sure we'll all be in touch soon enough!
